When you work at Leon’s Smoke Shack BBQ, you’ll become part of a team of motivated and positive members who pride themselves on providing an unforgettable experience to each and every guest. As a valued team member, you’ll enjoy competitive pay along with a friendly environment.
The waiter/waitress position is to work as a member of team which takes orders and serves food and beverages to guests at tables in restaurant. Always aware of guest satisfaction and delivering the perfect service experience. Ensure high quality of food and beverages to guests.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide the perfect service experience for every guest.
- Ensure the guest feels important and welcome in the restaurant.
- Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
- Present menu, answer questions and make suggestions regarding food and beverage.
- Serve the guest in an accommodating manner.
- Must know all food offered.
- Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide guests.
- Pre-bus tables; maintain table cleanliness, bus tables.
- Operate the point-of-sale register system, including processing credit card and cash transactions
- Looks for ways to avoid waste and limit costs.
- Assist keeping the restaurant clean and safe.
- Deliver food and beverages to any table as needed.
- Follow daily cleaning tasks.
- Must follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate professional manner with customers and other employees
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow menus and instructions
- Ability to lift, carry, deliver and serve from trays weighing up to 50 pounds throughout an eight hour shift
- Ability to balance serving tray on one hand while distributing orders to customers with the other
- Ability to carry and set up folding table to support particularly heavy orders
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout a shift
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying serving trays weighing up to 50 pounds
- Visual acuity to see restaurant menus, take customer orders, review customer bills and smoothly navigate dining room, kitchen and other facility areas
- Ability to attend work as scheduled, working various schedules and shifts throughout normal business hours
- Assist with all duties as assigned by manager
- High school diploma or equivalent